Joe and Laura – Team Facilitators
What is a team facilitator?
To be honest, it is a term we made up. We were looking for a title to suit what we do, but we do all kinds of things. Other than running the woodshop and clowning around, we help the Porch de Salomon groups with whatever they may need--including, but not limited to:
- Meeting teams at the airport
- Driving teams wherever they need to go
- Leading teams at construction sites & medical clinics
- Guiding teams around town
- Sorting glasses for vision clinics
- Counting pills for medical clinics
- Etc. Etc.
We really love our job. We are on call 24/7 and always willing to do whatever we are asked. Our main goal is to make the teams feel comfortable and safe while visiting Guatemala. We are usually the first to greet you at the airport, and most times the very last to say goodbye. If you have any questions about Guatemala, our work, or how things work around here, don't hesitate to ask.